dinsdag 31 mei 2022

Repeat offender

Here we are again,

Backed myself into the past.

And I find I can’t stand,


I am breaking my own heart.

I press myself to heal right now

But instead I am falling apart.


I came back for my memory.

Oh I came back for my memory

And I didn’t want to

Remember me.


I run for the hills

But the light likes darkness falls

Blanket like I can’t move at all


I press for the water and find

I can’t swallow down

Sobs are choking in my mouth


My darlings can’t save me

Oh my darlings can’t hide me

I have to endure

Until it breaks me.


There is a time for everything

But my heart it can not lie.

There is a time for dying,

But I don’t want to die.

I am afraid I am forgetting this

And sacrificed it to my listlessness.

Will I turn indifferent

To my own indifference?


The black dog of despondency.

Oh the black dog of melancholy

Will never stop

Sitting on top of me.


I run for the hills

But the light likes darkness falls

Blanket like I can’t move at all

Forever repeating the cycle.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten