donderdag 12 september 2024

Sane

 

Is being lost in memory the flavour of this season?

Because I can tell you, I do not like the taste.

I already know how they laid my youth to waste.

I do not care to get lost in their reasons.


Do I have to put my wandering mind on ice?

So I can cool the thoughts that bring me back.

I rather enjoy my life filled with things it lacks.

No more manipulation and no more lies.


You do not deserve to be remembered at all.

But those that hurt take up all the space.

Keeping the past right there in its place.

So I hope daily that they will fall.


I wish I could find where you hide yourself away.

And if I had a choice you would disappear.

But you’re stuck in my existence it appears.

And I am left wondering if I will ever be sane.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten