Tw: heavy themes of childhood abuse
Count to ten.
Come and hide me.
In the dark.
I cry like how I bleed.
Hush my mouth
so they can't find me.
Break the night.
Interrupt my sleep.
On and on
you creep.
Too much time spend
On my knees
(Not praying).
Tell me in the morning
that it was just a bad dream.
Tell me that I made up
then tell me no one will believe me.
Did it even happen
if no one can hear me scream?
A lone tree in the forest
unable to grow roots.
Pt2
I bleed my words into this poem
so someone might know this happened.
A record of who you were
that spells your name in another language.
Will I be heard if I make it flowery?
Will I be believed if I don't mention the name?
Pt 3
Sometimes I dream
about us playing hide and seek.
But in those dreams
I found you.
I want you to know that
those dreams are not about
bruised ego's
and power imbalances
and scratch marks
and split lips,
saliva spilled into
pink traces down your neck.
None of that matters.
No,
in MY dreams
I pass you by
even though
I know where you are.
In my dreams
you hide
until you die
and I forget
you ever existed.
A perfect ending
to an imperfect existence.
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten