vrijdag 4 september 2026

1116911

Should have told me 
so I knew what to expect.
You should have prepared me
for the clock being turned back to zero.
And I don't know what you were thinking
when you didn't warn me that
all my hard work now meant absolutely nothing.

What's the point,
if the point keeps breaking?
The helpless staying forsaken,
the powers that be keep turning their head?

And what's the point,
if the heroes are the villains?
When their painted on smiles are lying
and you keep having to protect yourself?

Should have listened
when I told myself not to trust you. 
I had prepared myself 
and still the outcome took me by surprise. 
And I don't know what I was thinking
when I let you turn me into a fool
just because I thought it was the right thing to do.

(How am I going to save them now?)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten