woensdag 12 september 2012

Your creed


I dread speaking to you,
Sometimes.
Scenarios unfold
Inside my mind.
You supposed to be my friend,
But you always seem to put me down.
Being around you makes me tense,
I'm never defeated by you.
Is it your deceptive nature?
I don't have the answer.
You always think you're right,
But darling, you aren't tonight.

I avoid whispering,
But I am no fool.
And I wonder if you're blind.
You can't see me for who I am.
I am merely an echo to you,
And you can't find me.
I am hiding beneath the truth,
There's a world
Underneath it.
You don't have me fooled.

And you can't lure me closer,
You are wasting commands.
Because the truth is more
Than you can comprehend.
A chokehold won't help you
Like it did before.
Don't wait for me.
I closed the window
Maybe one day I'll close the door.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten