zaterdag 2 november 2013

When the night falls

When the night falls,
And the moon hits the sky
I am still feeling the raging
Of the thoughts in my mind.

Like day and night
Like rising tides
I keep fighting
A fight that fights.

And like the
Old days of grace
With wandering souls
With a far long gaze

I keep yearning
For the signs of freedom
That do not yet show themselves
On my horizon.

So more battles to come
More battles to be fought.
With those thoughts
Not likely forgotten.

But one day soon
They might find their place
To rest finally beaten
By my weary hands

Between trees and vines
And old tombstones, rotten
While I find my peace
With thoughts dead but not forgotten.

And if they one day
Might rise again
I will remember
How to hunt for them.

How to beat this malice,
This plague of the mind.
So I can sleep
When the night falls.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten