vrijdag 17 januari 2014

Things said without regret

I don't love you anymore.
A powerful sentence
Stuck in my head.
And for a moment
I feel strong.
Not the weak little girl
I was when I called you dad.
Not the one that longed
For some compassion.
I don't love you anymore.

I don't love you anymore.
Not a truer sentence
Has been a thought.
Because every single time
You were the disappointment
You told me I was
Even when I was not.
It's funny that in the end
I still sometimes believe you.
But I don't love you anymore.

Yes, I don't love you anymore.
Even though it's true
That you still haunt my mind
Sometimes.

Yes I don't love you anymore.
Even though my old scars
Are still bleeding.
But I can't decline

That I don't love you anymore
And I don't, I really don't
Need you anymore.
Take with you
The pain that you caused
The damage that you've done
So I can close the door
And the burden we've got
Is now for you to carry.
No.
No.
I don't love you anymore
And I,
I don't regret it,

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten