dinsdag 2 september 2014

For the parkway perp

I believed I once thought you were a friend
In a definition of friendship I thought I could understand.
But I was always genuine from my end
I smiled, I laughed, and thought I had nothing to defend.

It was mine, and not yours.
It was mine, and not yours.
It was mine, and not yours.
But rocks open doors
You can only get to with force.

Should I have screamed?
I still wonder
So many lifetimes down the road.
But how could I?
A voice doesn't wander
Under the weight of cold hands.

Now I shiver,
When I hear your name.
And I shiver,
When I hear your voice again.
Why can't you leave my life alone?

But you've already forgotten, have you not?
A simple assault, a haunting memory.
It was nothing, I should move on, don't you think?
No complaining, it is just my body, don't you think?
But you did not think, no, you did not think.

The night has fallen into the dark,
Your hands still on me
Like a watermark.
Private parts
You still steal every time I remember.
And my now private heart
Hardly ever shows when it's open.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten