woensdag 12 oktober 2016

What doesn´t kill me costs 1 pound at the 7/11


I still don´t understand
How it got so out of hand
And the blame was enough to go around.

And I still don´t get
How you fill in what I said
Even when I never made a sound.

I still don´t understand
How we got from this argument
Into a world where we just point fingers.

And I still this stinging pain
When I remember how it all played
Out and the truth never seems to linger.

But I have no doubt
I am not the one to open my mouth
And turn the tables around
Until we all can peacefully sit down.

But even though I miss
Out on what was us and what is,
I can no longer fathom to film
The reality beyond reality cause it will.
Kill me.

Yes, it will kill me.

I still didn´t say the words
You so ademently said you heard,
I did not turn this into a game of bad guys.

And I still see, see the truth,
How you not see the things I do,
Turn back into your worlds and call mine lies.

You shoved words into mouths,
Explanations, reasons, things that were
Done that got another frame of looking at it
And I am not sure
How all the things you turn to,
Twist into something else, doubts perhaps
About the truthfullness of the simplicity
Of the words that were actually said.
I was not allowed to have a problem with anything,
Case solved. Prosecution rest.

You did not mean to, I know you didn´t.
But you did, and never opened your eyes to any of it.
You saw not me talking about an issue but an attack.
Even though every time you tell me off
I don´t assume a knife in my back.
Why am I not allow to point out something?
Anything?
Can I say nothing?
I want to say something.

But I have no energy
To fight a battle if it seems
To end up hopeless hopelessly
And it will tear right down in the heart of me.

But even if I might cry
And somedays it feels like I will die,
I find these days that I smile,
Even though your choice was not mine,
It was not mine.

It might not kill me after all.

For I rather die
Then bend my head before your eyes
Bend my truth before your wrongheld beliefs.
I am a lot but not a thief
To my own brand of sanity.

You are not a bad person,
You are wrong and misinformed,
Never really tried to listen to my words.
Never really tried to see it my way before
And after this.

Never tried it after this.
Never tried it after this.
Never tried it after this.

It might not kill me but occasionally it hurts like hell…
(And I still don´t understand)


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten