vrijdag 14 oktober 2016

Grab it not


No, ´Grab me by the pussy is not a joke,
It is not locker room talk, no Alpha male stuff,
I was only 6 years old.
Let it sink in.
6 years. Old.
Or young.
When a male Alpha´ed his less than whatever
is the last Greek letter in that Alphabet behaviour
On my itty bitty self.
My crime for being female.
My punishment for being a child.

You don´t say it´s toxic masculinity
When you dare open your mouth and blame me
For being raped when I was nothing more than a baby,
Not an adult in any
Sense of the word.
Or make excuses for their behaviour.
Tell me men do not know better.
The fact that you think you need to make excuses, tells me,
Men know better but they just don´t care.

Or when I am again sexually assaulted and
A bit after that again raped and
Abused and beaten by different men.
Could you not hoover over these predators and say:
This is bullshit. No man should behave this way.
And no man held to normal standards of humanity does.”
Instead you say:
How could you let it happen it to you again?
How could you let yourself get into harms way?”
As if I had a choice in the matter,
As if 50% of the world is not basically populated with men,
And you all are kinda hard to avoid
Or ignore
Or open about the fact whether you are a rapist or not.
And when I assume you are not, I am too trustworthy.
And when I assume you are, I am not trustworthy enough.

I can´t win.
I am the sum of my parts and nothing,
No nothing
More.
I am a pussy to grab,
A boob to lick,
A back to throw against the wall,
A head to smash against the pavement.

And when one of my assailants
Suddenly becomes a neighbour
You ask me why I smile when I see him in the hallway,
You ask why I just didn´t move
House
As if I could move.
10 years after he threw me on the ground
And I still could not move.
How symbolic.

I almost locked myself up inside my house,
A little scared and angry mouse
Flinching when I heard his voice on the balcony.
No ´grab my pussy´ is not a joke.
It´s toxic masculinity.

There are so many women in this world,
We walk amongst you all with secrets in our hearts.
Scars and wounds of predatory behaviour
And it will be a start, just a start
If you could understand
That this all starts with men
And yes all so women,
Who think
That someone saying that grabbing a pussy
Without consent
Is a joke
And not a worry
For every women you have ever seen.

I was raped. I was maybe broken,
Maybe damaged, maybe anything when they got to me,
But I was not weak,
And I was not the blame.
I was just a paw in a game,
So feel ashamed,
For talking this way.

I will no longer feel shame for the way I got treated
And maybe one time I will dare stand up
And walk over to look you in the eye
When you joke about grabbing a pussy, A D-cup,
A whatever the fuck without consent and ask you
To try again, I dare you to touch me while not having my consent.
But until then,
You are the idiot womenhater who lets a man
Grabbing your daughters vagina without your consent
Run for president.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten