woensdag 18 oktober 2017

Don’t you dare because I’m woman

Don’t compare me to house that needs locking,

I am human.

Don’t compare me to a wallet that needs hiding,

I am human.

Don’t compare me to a gun you lock away,

I am human.

Don’t compare it to a car crashed,

It's not an accident.

Don’t compare it to an animal attack,

It's not instinct.

Don’t compare it to an avalanche,

It won't stop by itself.

Don’t you dare do it just because I’m woman.

Don’t you dare patronize me because I’m woman.

Revictimise me because I fucking dare to be woman.

But you blame me because I am not a locked way woman.

You point at me because I am walk in the streets woman.

Say I started it because I am a talking woman.

I pray for the men to rise that risk understanding it.

And I love those that actually make me stronger.

I shouldn’t have to care for the words of strangers.

But these thoughts they keep me endangered and I’m wounded

They ask what I drank as if I was the dagger.

They tell me I am a stupid girl.

You want to carry the burdens because I am woman.

You are not really protecting this silly woman.

You are deflecting away from men.

I have the same rights as a human,

To live life like you as a human,

So kindly fuck off you!

All we ask for is that you stop raping us, human

But you are less than human, human

That is what I suspect.

And until then I am an army of ten thousand humans

In the body of one single woman,

A murderous riot on the doorstep of you men.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten