maandag 13 november 2023

Belief

It's the position you like best.
Me on my knees,
My head facing west
(East is too religious).

It's the position you like best.
My legs buckling down,
Right down into the glass
(Oh yes it's so religious).

So pious when you ignore my no,
Or shower me with anger when you don't. 
Who would have known?
Not God that's for sure.

Is my crying like a prayer to you?
Like a river that my tears flow into?
My life is wires that snapped too soon. 
My heart a sacrifice that elevated the mood.

It's a burning for which you asked.
My skin is flaking apart
As you take me to task
(Just so I could lose your God).

It's a burning for which you asked
I don't know where to start
This never ending set of tests 
(I wonder if you think you're God).

So pious when you enter from behind. 
I could scream but you would not mind.
I am lost to the ticking of time.
The heater in front of my face.

The heater in front of my face ticked along.
And it stopped keeping me warm.
Why did the heater once so strong
Stopped looking like God?

Please stop.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten