zaterdag 25 november 2023

Feel

 

Stay away from me, I don't want to feel.

Don't feed me lies like this is normal 

And pretend my feelings aren't real.


Stay away from me, you aren't real.

You are a figment of their imagination 

Here to tell me that I can't heal. 


But I am my own creation.

Even if I'm made of glass.

Why I'm see through and chipped

They can never guess.


I am the one self made out of 

Bones and bruises,

Broken sticks and fallen leaves,

And things no one uses.


Chipped teeth and black eyes.

I can still taste the blood in my mouth.

Tastes like ashes and tastes like lies.


Ruptured eardrums and new old lies.

I can still remember that day you packed your suitcase 

With nothing but goodbyes.


(Just to see if we would stop you.)


I am the one now that 

Has to pick up the pieces.

It's funny how in the end

I am the one who loses.


I saw their dinner party

Where they feed your lies,

So,

Welcome to my dinner party. 

I don't want to die.

Tell me whether 

I would fall or fly

Right on through my life.

Sigh. Deep sigh.

Peekaboo world!

All I want is to hide.

Take of me what you need.

Goodday. Goodbye.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten