vrijdag 17 november 2023

Out of reach

I'm paralysed. 
You're on my chest
And you won't compromise.
You're on my chest
And you feed me lies.
You're on my lungs
Hoping that I'll die. 
We both know why.

The last laugh.
It's what you want
But it won't be enough.
You want my smile
And then choke it off.
You want my heart
And my ability to love.
You're so fucking tough.

Living in my head you have all the power.
But my dear, so do I, you see.
You can make me repeat all those hours.
That you broke the best of me.

But you can't make me part of you again.
I am standing on your memories. 
I'm your flesh but not yours to demand.
I moved these ashes of you into the sea.

And when I think I see you my heart stops.
But it is just one moment there to teach. 
That when I think of you and my heart drops
I am still out of your reach.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten