I thought I was over that by now.
It's been over a decade ago
that we fell out.
And in my head it felt like a pause.
And in my head I'm lost.
And in my head it wasn't enough.
And I'm breaking now that you're lost.
Now that you died,
the world turned on its axis,
expectations subverted,
bringing permanence to how I miss.
Now that you died,
Everything is no longer as it seems.
I have to actually say goodbye to you
and a part of me wants to scream:
Fuck you for dying
for I never got to say:
How are you doing now?
How were all your days?
Fuck you for dying.
It wasn't supposed to be this way.
You were supposed to live forever.
We were supposed to meet up one day.
But I'm not actually angry.
The anger is just a lie,
A looming sadness in disguise.
Not understanding why you died.
I have to realign
all I thought I knew.
There's an ending
to what this thing I knew.
I just miss you.
I thought I was over that by now.
I never healed the old wounds
and they're bleeding out.
Into depression
and into my mouth.
The world is trying to move on
and it's too loud.
I wish I could just drown it out.
I wish I could just drown.
But I got to be the one
leaving you behind now.
And it sucks.
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten