zaterdag 25 augustus 2012

Shadow


(I wish I knew why I felt this way
And I can't release this pain)

Walking on shadows
I know I have lost my path long ago
All I am searching for
Is a place to hide away
A place where I can be alone

I don't feel safe
Who is going to save me from myself
Sometimes I don't make it
Through the night
Locked inside my personal hell

My mind betrays me when it has the chance
And I can't wait until someone lends me a helping hand

Twisting, turning, bleeding, bending
If I don't break than I will surely fold
Come on, see me, searching, hollow
And it is getting so immensely cold

The sky darkens
As my vision slowly begins to blur
I can't seem to breath
With the rain falling on me
Yes, sometimes I feel like a failure

Because I can't escape the memories
I can't lock them away even if I try
I was betrayed by everything that I feel

Am I here, can I see,  feel, touch
Do I exist beyond their perception of me
Dreaming,  reality,  silence, breaking
Will I become what they want me to be

Can someone please show me the way out of here
Because everything is becoming so unclear
Take me away from myself before it all starts again
I don't want to do this, I don't even know if I can
I am walking in circles, losing myself inside the shadows
Re-entering old memories because I don't dare to go
Further....

A voice, a calling, like whispers, in a storm
Do you really want me to fade away
Falling, falling, falling, falling faster
It's getting more difficult not to obey

Down, down, down, down I go
Please let me stay, I don't want to leave
Holding, on to, the edge, of everything
Because I know I still have to believe
That one day I will set myself free

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten