zaterdag 25 augustus 2012

Best friend


We were best friends
For, what seemed to be, an eternity
We shared our laughs
And some tears
Whispers about who we could be

Then it ended in a heartbeat
Faster than my eyes could see it coming
Even though I knew
Before it happened
I always believed we would stay swimming

But we are not like Phoenix
We were not ment to rise up from the ash
Don't assume I can forget
All the fun we used to have
Stil hoping that one day we could start out fresh

And when the dust settled down
There were only fingers pointed in every direction
I wonder if you talk about me
Tell the world that it's my fault
Because you made me believe I caused the friction

Maybe I am not a symbol of perfection
But you are not so forgiving of anyone else's flaws,
Than you are of your own
Keep that grudge if you want to
And I will pretend to forget everything that I saw

I never once betrayed your trust
You said we were forever and I really believed
But then you left me standing
Because I didn't mean the same to you
Now I let you go, this is simply the way that I grief

And I know the days will become better without you
One day you will become not more than a memory to me too

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten