zondag 16 juni 2013

Blame

There was a time and place for everything
The time and place for your terror was never
Every time I wanted to do anything
There you stood breaking me down

And yes I was young and I was restless
But that was no reason to crush my dreams
Like it was some sick sort of test
To see if I really wanted it

You broke me down and I stopped believing
That I was capable of making myself shine
But now I am ready again to start growing
And my life was no mistake

Please excuse me, but what does it take
To make you see that I wanted to make my own mistakes?

Circumstances brought me a new state of being
But now it's time to take fate into my own hand
All I wanted was to start creating

So I need you to stop breathing down my neck
You are not more than a figment of my past
And you aren't me last time I checked

Oh so still, so silent lies the creator
When it's obvious that I am my own maker
And even when my life turns out to be a failure
I gladly take the blame.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten