woensdag 19 juni 2013

Dirt

I have been taught,
A long time ago
By hungry men
Hiding in their teeth,
That voices are worthless
That words mean nothing if not said right
And that I
Will have
No power over my life.

And for a long moment
I became as invisible as the wind that carried me
A ghost tethered to a wall of concrete.

When a feather fell down
That bore the words
"You are as free as I am."

That day I rose up.
Once a girl, now a girl once more.
My hands were made of
Mouths and pens
And everyone of them talked.
Stories that poured out of me
And hidden depths I never knew I had.

I ate the paper I wrote on
To digest the past.
The words tasted like sweet syrup
And bitter bile.
A better way to seperate your parts
And my parts
Was never found.

So I carry myself around my waist now.
Hide myself in
Ribbons of blue and red and yellow.
How many words are there to describe alone?

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten