woensdag 26 juni 2013

Can't say

Close your eyes.
Just take 3 steps back
And leave yourself behind in the past.

A mind filled with flashbacks
Makes me wonder who I am today.
Where did I belong
And to whom did I pray?

Openminded and outgoing
But wrapped up in my misery
Today I am more peaceful
But still nothing comes easy.

I was this person that lived through all of it
The same way that the person I am did.
Which version of me do I like more?

And now people don't see the person that I am
I want to feel connected but I can't make a stand
Because I fear I might get hurt again.

Maybe I need to find the balance
Between who I was, who I am
And who I can become.
Maybe I still need to grow up
Tell me, is that wrong?

I can't say who I like better
And I can't say who I will be.
All I can say is
That I am not the person that you see

Yes I can't say who I like better
And I can't say who I will be.
All that's left for you
Is figuring out the person that is me.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten