zondag 1 november 2015

The house with no mirrors

Wide awake in a closetdoor house
Your shadows beckoning me from the hall
Until all of your eyes fly
Into the brick brown walls.
And it was just not today,
You wanted to watch me stumble and fall.

It is made just a bit harder
And I want to  hide
From the nighttime around me
And the cold I feel inside .
My mirrorimage is made of glass,
My flaws magnified.
I see you inch
Away to the other side.

And when I noticed all of this,
I felt I needed a shove
To not be reminded of the flaws in me.
Is that what you are made of?

Don't tell me that I am wrong,
I have to draw the line.
Life is not just a song,
And life is not going fine.
I wanna believe I'm fine.

So you say you are my house,
You are just there before the dawn,
But less dark like coffee.
So you say you won't wait on the lawn,
Not now, not today.
Do I want to know what's going on?

So it has comes down to this,
There is a push before the shove.
And if you want to mirror me,
You have to know what I am made of.

I won't believe that I am not wrong,
That will just cross the line.
And this no mirrored song
Is sung just fine.
Everything will be fine.

I don't know why I invited you into my house.
Just know that you are in my house.
Just know that I want you in my house.
Tell me who I am.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten