maandag 16 november 2015

Fraternité

I want to see the Eiffeltower at sunset
I once said.
But this was not the sunset I waited for.
Did I tell you that Beirut was bombed before
Today?

The world in a backwards motion
A harsh and rude awakening slow motion
A dense and hard down pressed motion
The world has stopped it's motion

I asked the bartender for three beers,
And maybe four if he joined us here.
The sound and laughter of the queer
Once seemed enough to set the world straight.

And the music filling my ears
Was enough to show that life was here.
I moved my head and my hair.
In a silent defiant motion
Of life.

And when the kisses, the kisses rained,
I forgot the buildings that also rained.
A world for none but all to reign.
No bullets, no bodies, no screaming children
That also rained.
For one moment I could forget it rained.

But then it rained.
And they reigned.
And it rained.
Silence.

Sound.
Pavement.
Blood.

For in it's silence my voice went hoarse.
A gentle and giant that is no more.
The collapsing of life on the second floor.
Where friendly faces stood before.

And it had hit me in the core.
The escape from reality that is no more.
The legacy of music they want made sore.
And how they so succeeded.

A bitter and wounded no goodmorning
A whole world that is in mourning
The silent, effectiveness rise in the morning
The afterglow that comes after the mourning
A defiant scream to join the sun in the morning
The turning point on the tip of nation.

So take the bells and the whistles and the pipes to the street.
The flutes and the drums and the piano to the streets.
Your voice and your laughter and your music to the streets.
Ring those bells, ring those bells, ring those bells,
For me, for them, for us, for humankind, for life.

I am still here and I am no more.
I have left my heart on that second floor.
But there is no reason for you to mourn.
Because it will keeps ticking.

Did I tell you they bombed Beirut today?
It's so surreal now.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten