vrijdag 17 juni 2016

There is something you don´t know


You said I lied,
I said I hide,
You said you won´t believe me.

You said I blew things up
Right our their proportions
But you think that cause you won´t believe me.

But there are these things you have never seen.
An image in the dark and that image is me.
You said you won´t listen and I don´t think you will watch
And see me lying here so still while the world rushes.

I am lying here in the dark because my body deceives me
And you don´t know.
I can´t bare the light, I can´t bare the sound and I can´t bare the silence either
And you won´t know.
It is my truth, after just 2 things of doing, my punishment for trying to feel alive
And you can´t know.
I live my life in less than half the time I have to spend and it makes me sad
And I don´t think you want to know.

How many times I have spend here crying
Between the sheets inside this room.
How many times I wonder if I should be
More scared for life than I am to die.
How many times I have been trapped here
With my thoughts to roam and how they feel like doom.
How many times I tried to smile and how
Many times I meant it and oh god I try….

And you don´t know the aftermath of everything I tried to do.
And you don´t know the eruption of guilt I feel for just being me.
And you don´t know how I tried to fix things without losing myself
In the process and you don´t know how I wished that I could be

Someone else. Just for you.
Just for me.
Just for them.
Just for the world that seems
Open at my feet and I can´t fucking reach,
Oh why can´t I reach?

I can always forgive but I am never able to forget
And I am not able to play the part and pretend
That everything never happened,
But I am lying here in the dark and you don´t know,
But secretly you already judged me for doing so.
There is no one but you who can change that.

This is not what I wanted, but you don´t see.
This is not how I imagined life to turn out, but you don´t know.
This is not the future of being me I thought, but you don´t see.
I never wanted this at all, and still you don´t know.

So call me a sick sick little liar,
And now I will hide only further.
Back in the dark room where no one can´t see me.
Maybe my body is protecting me from your judgment.
But I hardly reckon it is needed,
Your silence is deafening,
And I think I need to let go,
Because there is nothing threatening
About everyone of you who turned around
While I am lying here in this dark room,
Filling up my days,
Not making any sound.

Unwilling to see me lying here filling my days
Is rather telling of the little ways
You live in your world, and I in mine
And you don´t want to be proven wrong and that´s fine.

Maybe one day I will stop counting the days
Until the pain will just become painful memories
Or everything turns to scars and we find a way
To become closer again, but I won´t hold my breath.

I am lying here in the dark room, and you have hurt me,
Without even knowing so, my friend.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten