zaterdag 30 juli 2016

Unity


I showed you my sword,
You told me to sharpen it.
Told me my guard
Was left to be reason with.
My preparations
Left me wholly unprepared.

You asked me who I was fighting
And when I said it was not you
I feared you did not believe
Or you did not what to do.
All I could see was you putting on
A smile to charm the fools.

And when we got to the stadion, you were standing there.
Said you knew a shortcut cause you already have been here.
We should have known better.

But this is not that kind of battle, battle.
You can put down your helmet, helmet.
You are here to fight yourself and all we need
to know is who is the last one standing.

You see your battle is not mine
And mine is not to be yours.
We could have been here, helping,
Somewhat, instead of kicking in doors.
But you want me to believe your right
is my wrong and it passes time for,

For far too long. It posseses time for too long doing nothing.
And I could hear you scream: “Why don´t you say something?”
Sometimes, I don´t need to be defend me.

And if you think that I need to, really need to
Are you sure that you are really my friend?
Or someone who want me to be and do the
thing, the person, the friend, the student?

But you can put me into molten hot wax and lava
I am not going to say I am sorry for whatever
You think I need to apologize for.

Because I got sick and I am getting better
In recognizing that I am allowed to be me once more
And even if that version sometimes can be whining
She deals with it all through an open door.

Can´t you see me crying when something fails?
Can´t you see me laughing even louder when life prevails?
Can´t you see, can´t you see, can´t you see?
I am perfect imperfect unity,
My friend.
I am perfect imperfect chronically,
My friend.
I am perfect imperfect unity.
My friend.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten