dinsdag 19 oktober 2021

Don't lie to me

 

It is always the same,

I am holding my breath

And hear what you are saying,

I think I am waiting,

For the other shoe 

To drop on my head.

That sometimes feeling

That something is wrong.

It sneaks up on me from a deep place

And jumps from your face

To the back of my mind

And onto an age old song.

And when I say that most of the time, I am ok

It is not a lie that I tell.

Even when I am spiraling back

And the tiniest thing sends me over the edge.

I know the truth

For I know you well.

It is just that my mind sometimes get stuck in the past.

And the feelings that truth will never last.

Someone always ended up driving a wedge.

Right to my chest.

Right through my chest.

Too often, I found

That I woke up dead.

Don’t lie to me.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten