dinsdag 19 oktober 2021

Why though

 

I have come to admit my confusion

You said we are free but it feels like an illusion.

You are fighting two battles and none of them real

But the whispers in your ears won’t die soon.

They tell you the enemy is others doing

This simple thing called existing.

It’s why your life is wrong,

They robbed you from belonging

And now you take your axes.


You will literally stand in your way,

Contemplate having your rights taken away,

Just so you don't have to think about race

Or how society is misplaced.

Had the truth of their harm erased.

They tell the world totally unfazed

With a smile on their face

That their actions were okay.

Not an apology in sight.


And you tell me you really wants your rights to go,

To maintain that feeling of certain status quo?

Are you fearing the bottom to rise,

And surpass your front door?

You are your own enemy, 

You are your own foe.

Don’t  tell me cause I already know.

Still I still ask myself. Why? Why though?





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten