donderdag 25 november 2021

21 months of this

 

Sew my name on my tongue.

You keep losing the plot.

You tell me you did nothing wrong

And then turn around destroying me.


Stop asking if I do not mind

To carry the burden of your life.

Just so you can leave me behind

To become the one that burns.


I cannot keep doing this.

Just take me down and make a wish.


I cannot keep carrying this.

But I turn my cheek and take the hit.

 

'Cause 

I'm falling too deep

Through the cracks

Of the earth. 

I'm falling asleep

Near the roots

And the dirt.


And

I’m falling too hard

And I cannot

Find my brakes.

I’m falling apart,

One more break

Is all it takes.


But I put my red dress on,

And 'cause you want me too,

I perform.


But I put my best smile on,

And 'cause you want me too,

I perform.


But I put my best death on,

And 'cause you want me too,

I disappear.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten