maandag 8 oktober 2012

Digital infusion


It started as a memory
A complete reverse of how things needed to be

And it started as a dream
But soon reality came seeping through the seems

You weren't perfect but I always knew
Yet you still try to see me as a blinded fool

And now I am empty like a summer-river
And now I am crying out for a helping hand
But you turn your head like you always do
Time is slipping away from us, my friend

Sometimes things will never change
But I won't let you drown me in your agony
Little snakes in the grass biting my feet
I kept my distance but still I can see

Your faked denial
And your superstition
As empty
As your connection
Black as coal
Your eyes closed
Passing me by
Like a ghost
Stuck behind a screen
Reading words
You embrace
Because it hurts

You wear your 360 shades of not caring
But I have seen through them all
And I have watched you fall

Are you even alive with your digital infusion
Am I more than zeros and ones
I remember you cared once

So take my hand and show me your way
I desperately want to be mistaken
Instead you always leave me forsaken

It started as a memory
A complete reverse of how things needed to be

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten