donderdag 13 december 2012

Dead men's creed


I once had a dream that I could save the world
A childs vision to a grown up society
But now I only have dreams where in I save myself
And the future that lay before me

I am on the boundaries of that place we call living
Always seeing death creeping in
Will there be a day that he will come to get me
I am not ready but I might be dying

I sleep with tears in my eyes for my fallen brothers
I sleep but not in peace
I awake to a world that is blind for all the suffering
I awake but not at ease

Yes, I am in war with the world but they don't see me
They all live inside your head
Their own battleground is far away from their battles
Using my image without consent

What the purpose was of the mission, I once thought I knew
But now it all seems vague
This world condemned in the hands of murdering greed
Keeping us all in an unknowing haze

When I leave this world, will it remain broken and beaten
All of my fighting now seems in vain
Because they will always find another battle to fight
As the world cries out in pain

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten