woensdag 5 december 2012

Sleepwalker


I am a person of shadows
and sometimes I feel
best at home
in the drouzyness of the night.
Taking in every bit of the dark
as to wake me,
get me out my slumber
without confronting me with real life.
It seems strange to me
that this is the time
sleep calls on us
and brings us into a state of unconsciousness,
while I want to be conscious,
and breathing, and awake.
i want to taste the night
with my fingertips,
with my whole being
and let imagination devour me
before a slumber sets
with the early morningsun.
Taking me to dreams
that should only be dreamed in the soft light of day.
So sleep eludes me
and rhytme repels me,
but I still find myself,
every time,
to be a slave to the desires
of the world and not my own.
Maybe one day 
I will find a way to understand
and become truly what I am by default.
A sleepwalker.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten