dinsdag 4 juli 2023

Almost 4 years now

 

You think I asked for this silence?

I can not remember when I forgot how to scream.

You think I deserved all your violence?

These marks are showing on my skin.


I see you are made out of faces.

A single tear lining them out.

I thought I knew how you laced them.

But now it has left me in doubt.


Stop stitching my mouth into your image.

Start asking me why I don’t smile.

Stop asking me not to pull at the stitches.

While you still remain in denial.


I am having my conversations

In the protection of my heart.

Cause I lost all my lamentations

And it is pulling me apart.


You want to take my words

And my ability to talk.

Cause I wear my heart on my sleeve

And you want my heart.


You want my heart and my brain,

Yes you want my promise,

That I will never remind you,

I will just give you silence.


But I think I am done being silenced,

I think I am ready to start screaming.

I will take all our conversations

And wear them out on my skin.


I will wear them as a mask,

To protect from your spit.

Whatever good you think you do,

I promise you’re not doing it.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten