zaterdag 10 november 2012

Cold heartbeat


Don't let me go
I don't want to be here all alone
Don't let me stay
Nothing will get better that way

Don't hold me down
All your words are much too loud
Don't release your grip
In this moment I will let myself slip

I don't know what to do with myself
Maybe I am too far gone
I have gone deep inside my mind again
Thinking thoughts I should have left alone

There's a sadness inside my mind
One that can not easily be erased
And all of your kind words might never reach me
I was born with those tears, All the help is much too late

Don't let me heal
It's the only way that I can feel
Don't let me be hurt
I will drag you along through the dirt

Don't let me know
It hurts me too much to see it all go
Don't let me see
What the hell is wrong with me

And I am someone who thinks too much
Sometimes don't think enough
It's the way that I hurt myself 

It's the cold heartbeat behind wet glass
Always outside, always in the rain I am
Outside the world, far from people who understand
But would you believe me if I said that I would do what I can 

It's me thinking that I don't deserve this
That I am a nuisance for everybody around
And maybe it's too hard to start believing in myself
Because I am much too scared of the fall should I come down

And I am writing up a storm
Everytime I feel the sting
Of thoughts pressing on me
I wish I wasn't hurting
I wish I could show you me
And I am writing up a storm
Everytime I feel left alone
Do you even want to talk
I don't want to turn to stone
Could I ever stand proud and tall

A broken sleep with many thoughts to come
And I am still here with everything you left behind
Darkened memories of things that could have been
You might never know how many times you crossed my mind


Don't come closer
I dare you to come closer
Don't come closer
I dare you to come closer
I dare you to come closer

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten