vrijdag 16 november 2012

Coming down


I watch you from a distance
But your silence is all that I remember
And there never was a day
That we were able to last forever

But time keeps ticking on
Here we are, here we still stand
Repeating the same old patterns
And I dance on to the beat of your demands

You want everything and then nothing at all
You like to see me climb, you like to see me fall

As I was coming down
From the high you brought me in
With still some things to spare
I came to my conclusions
When I found out you weren't there
(As always)

I know that you can't help it
But the reality of it is, neither can I
And I just want to pull you inside
Inside my mind so you can see beyond my eyes

I don't always like what I have become
So, so insecure and that's something that will show
I have to fight for everything that I have
The world is not at my feet, that's all that I know

I have to remember this is just who you are
You are always close, you are always so far, far, far,
Away

As I was coming down
From the state that I was in
So willing to finally share
I wandered the borders of your life
Realizing that I never did belong there
(But still I try)

As I was coming down
From a rollercoaster standing still
With every reason to stare
I kept on shaking, shaking things up
Just to find that no one cared
(And I believe it)

It's up and down
Round, round, round, round
Inside that head of mine
You can't read it on my face
But it's never silent inside
And you, you are a drug
My last trace
Of emotion and disillusion
You are so delightfully human
A world without a single vision
And I
I just want to taste all of it

As I was coming down
From things that once lived me up
I was overcome by this despair
That everything will be gone
These emotions are more than I can bare

You're just like all the others
You're just like all the others
You're just like all the others
And you're not the same at all
To me

1 opmerking:

  1. Ik heb je genomineerd voor een Liebster Award!
    Kijk snel op Mama Krieltje en doe mee!

    http://krieltje82.blogspot.nl/2012/11/liebster-award-en-de-genomineerden-zijn.html

    Liefs!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen