maandag 12 augustus 2013

Hiding

An open mouth,
A fresh breath escapes slowly.
I can't believe that you said that.
There's a dagger in my heart
Where respect should have been
And a blue eye marks my battle.
But I can't hide who I am,
No one can and I am no different.

Beat me down
But inside I am still standing
Larger than your bigotry.
Maybe it makes me more human than you.

My lips are cracked from explaining myself.
My tongue is dried but I might never stop trying.
Not a sinner
But a sum of valid expressed emotions
And a frame to the painting I am becoming.
You hate my art,
My life and my heart.
No I won't hide who I am,
No one should need to and I am no different.

I am entitled to happiness,
My life is my own and not yours.
If you just asked without prejudice
We would have opened all those shrieking doors.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten