woensdag 18 mei 2016

All of that


You can turn me into a bad guy,
If that is your way.
You can judge my every word,
Tell me I am sour,
Tell me this is not our way.

Or you can turn me into the beggar,
Give me scraps to feast,
Tell me to be grateful,
For your crumbs,
I should beg at your feet.

You can tell me my emotions don´t matter,
Ask if that would make me your friend?
While you make the basics of life,
Into something you think
I need to defend.

You can tell me how everything I do
Is the wrong thing anyway
And that I should not wonder
Why there is not a single soul
That doesn´t leave, that stays.

I am going to sit here smiling.
I am going to pretend to not hear.
Because your judgment of my persona
Becomes less and less what I fear.

You are going to think what you think,
You are going to see me and not understand.
You are ready to judge me, nothing will change that
Not even if I lend you my hand.

So I am not going to even lift my hand up
And guide you through the things I said.
You already made your mind rather clear,
So let me be bad guy, let me be beggar, let me be,

All of that.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten