maandag 9 mei 2016

Mothers cloak (fear of abandonment pt1)


I am not an old fashioned girl
Or maybe that Is who I am.
I still wear my mothers old vest
Like a cloak when I can.
It gives me comfort, a solidarity
That has passed itself down the family.

For the longest in my life
I learned how to choke
When I came back home
I then forgot when I spoke
I am not easy on my demands,
However simple, they are at length.

I have my issues and I bring them along
Take my time to get used to
Whatever´s my song
On that day or the next week or two.
I am easily entertained
But dear everyone, I am not easily fooled

I clinged to my loved ones,
In my heart, with silence unseen
So it´s like no one leaves me
Or they leave me over and over again
I have my mothers stubborness, I have my dad´s fucking pride
I have a past to show for and the knowledge no one tried

To see how I demeaned myself
And every time it was all my fault
Yet with my head high
You can not see that I did not grow cold
I had too much to defend for and my defence always caved in
And then I forgot myself and washed in ignorance my skin

But the days have grown older
And although I still wear that vest.
I have been cast out of the womb with my own kind
Of sense, and I love you, and I am at unrest.
And every time I spoke for me, their silence grew bolder
and every time I waited time, time has grown colder

I´m an old fashioned woman
I still pour love into that vest
And hear the old words
My mama had once said
Don´t make them believe you do not belong on the earth.
So every time your mind flies, your heart will return.

Oh and my dear love,
Choices are not easily made
And sometimes in this world,
They are not always yours to make.
Let go of the things you can not hold before they burn
And every time they fly from you, save their rooms for return,

And now my anxious body
Will find the release
That it so craves
In all of its creases
I am not broken, I am not not okay, you can not tell
me to live MY life your way, my dear Annabelle.

This is what I tell now
To everyone before I rest
Let me live my life my life I say
In my mothers old vest.
I am my saviour, I guess that´s old fashioned in a way.
I am cripple learning to walk and I am not not okay.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten