zaterdag 28 januari 2023

Inaccesibility dance

 

Stop telling me that I am strong.

You're just praising my power but you

Never fix what is wrong.


Stop telling me I am powerful.

You keep leaving me with tasks

And my hands are full.


I am not here to be your God.

You think I can do everything myself

And I really cannot.


I am not remotely divine.

I can’t even save myself and

Most days I don’t even try.


I can not run any faster,

I can not run at all.

But you move me to always do more,

Gearing me up to finally fall.


And you call me an ugly person

When I am not swimming in grattitude

When you gift me your attention.

As if the issue is my attitude.


But I should not be grateful

For the bare minimum of recognition

That there even is a problem.

And I won’t fake a smile

To tell politely that you are wrong.

My time is precious

And your denial

Really is not.

It is so fucking suspicious

You can’t even spot

That.


I am so fucking worn down.

I tried to push us up 

And you tore me down.


I won’t let you gaslight me anymore.

So cuss me out 

When I roll out the door.


Cause I have have said goodbye.

I am so fucking done.

I am beyond exhausted.

Consider me gone.


Stop telling me I am strong

As an excuse to make me a punching bag.

I will no longer be a stand in

For all the things you lack.




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten