donderdag 5 januari 2023

The pressure is too high

I don't want to rise to the occasion. 
I don't want to rise at all.
I just want to sleep the days away.
I'm not ready to deal with the fall

Of my emotions climbing the walls.
The state of my mind has me reeling. 
My exploding state of mind 
Has me up on the ceiling.

Please, please
Don't speak to me.
I'm not ready.

Your words are the end of me,
And I don't know where I begin.
I'm losing track and I cry
When I like to be screaming.

My heavy chest is caving in.
So don't ask for much more.
I feel life eating away 
And I am rotten to the core.

You judge me anyway so it's fine.
You can have your whispers and I take my decline.

But please, please, 
Just fucking leave.
Let me be.

Cause I'm done 
Holding my head up.
I'm done with
My stiff upper lip.
I'm on the verge 
Of breaking.
And I will crack
Under the pressure 
Of this.

So let me be done 
With being the
Fucking stronger one.
Didn't you always say
It's okay to
Not be okay?
I'm on the verge
Of losing the
Sanity that remains

Just, just, just…

Please, please, PLEASE
Let me breath
Gather my wits
And stay steady. 
It's the only thing I ask for.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten