zaterdag 5 maart 2016

Daughter lover patient recover friend

I am left,
Alone,
Inside a bed
With silence
As my companion
And I dream
Of that perfect
Moment.
Where I smile
When they
Tell me
Stories
And start sentences
With: “Hey, do you
Remember when?”
And I am walking,
I pouring
Big black drapes
Of smoking,
Vaping,
Coffee
Into little coffee cups.
I think they’re purple.
They might be blue.

And you ask me:
“That nightmare
You had last night,
Did you forget?
Are you still
Bothered
By that existential
Crisis
Of suffering
That meant ab-so-lu-tely
Nothing?”
You always like to
Emphasize words
like that.
But not like
Chandler Bing.

“It is rather silly
Really. How can you
Stop being everything
At once? Even mothers
Are still daughters
And sisters are mothers
And lovers, and everyone
are friends, and someeeeetimeeeees
lovers are brothers. If you’re sick
You’re not nothing,
You are someone who
recovers, my friend.”
And I laugh.
It’s true.
And I walk into the next room
To look at the books
I, yes I,
Written that hang in that
expensive library I,
yes I, wanted
in the bedroom
And I
fold the laundry
Before I hug e-ver-y-one
I know.
(I do it to sometimes.)
Even sick heal, silly.

Who stops being almost everything?
Who stops being?
Who stops?

And as I fall back
Into that sleep
And come to
A
Standstill
Once more,
I laugh.
No one stops being,
Even the sick must heal, silly.
Who will believe
You!!
If you don’t?
Of course it is silly to
Be scared.
You are not alone.
You are just not.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten