woensdag 9 maart 2016

Everything forgotten

There is no real disease, you say
Just take a knife and cut it all away
And there is nothing wrong with me, you say
Just man up, just man up, just man up

It’s all in your heart, I hear you say
Or in your head or your thoughts
And it will never get any better this way
You don’t really want to be better, you say

And I am walking and I am walking
And I am here trying to be someone you could respect
Because love feels so much as
Too much to ask for, and you do all the talking

That is the distance you want to me to reach
But I am nowhere near your finish line
It keeps on moving away as you want to teach
me, that nothing comes you don’t need to fight for

But it should not be a fight to be a daughter,
A love or a friend, and even if I would never be a mother,
And I might never be one
I love like I love a child, I love like a child

I know I am disappointment, to you
Or to society, that I don’t know
I have everything to proof it
I might have no friends, I don’t know and

I am here all alone for ever it feels like
I doubt everything about who I am
I doubt if the world even wants me
But there is something you don’t know

I know the truth and it burns you
That I was right, that I am right and I did little wrong
Even if you blame for the much in this all
It was not me that twisted the words to

To something they were not
And it was not me that spread them all around
I was just here being a daughter forgotten
I was an everything forgotten

I only tried to be your friend, my dear
I only learned what you looked like from the back
When you thought I should run to catch you
But I can’t run, you see?

You still don’t believe I know what is wrong
Or the contents of my own body
And whatever this will be
I am not a liar and you don’t believe me

I am done trying, I do think I am
I don’t want to set me up for failure
If you want me you know how to find me
And I’ll be there and you won’t expect me to be

Until then I don’t think you will understand
Or you will try to even accept me
As I am, As my needs, me as a woman,
Me as daughter and me as a friend

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten