dinsdag 22 maart 2016

It will always be looming if you let it

Here I sit in a darkened room,
With my hands on my head and my heart far from rest.
I wish I was as strong as you,
You there fighting for your life.

Here I sit in a darkened room,
My eyes reject the light and it feels like I will die.
My mind thinking of those gone too soon,
Willing themselves to live until the end.

Here I sit in a darkened room,
Noticing I am alone, and the fear has got me stoned.
Alone you were facing your doom.
Hoping you were able to call your parents.

Please tell me, who are you?
Who made me turn my life into perspective for this day?
Where you did come from, what did you do?
Tell me where are your roots?

Did you go by life just living it unnoticed?
Was that what you wanted it to be?
Did you lay your head where your grandparents did before you?
Were you remarkable unremarkably?

Did you flee old times and thought war was behind you?
Hoping life here will be one that is free?
Did you get blamed for the people who left you those scars?
And were the smiles the only thing you could see?

Did you know that today you’d be a hero?
Like heroes are right where they were needed to be?
Did you wake up today knowing you would save lives?
Or didn’t you want to open the curtains, just like me?

In all of this mess in all the world around us,
There are so many people who are just like me.
If we all would believe, our worlds are not that different,
No one can harm us if we just believe.
Being different does not makes us into a bad guy.
Together united will set us free….

Here I sit in a darkened room,
With my hands on the keys, knowing the world will go on tomorrow.
And here I will be in a darkened room,
If you need someone to think of you when tragedy strikes.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten