donderdag 10 maart 2016

Whose shoes am I in?

Carbon copy and melodrama
I am not surprised
Well not anymore
That you don’t really want this

I am a mirror, a dying art
And no one had lied
Except, there is a thing
Tell me, whose shoes do you want me to fill?

No steps forward, always three steps back
No one seems to want to
See it any other way
You just want your mind closed
And want for another day

I am not her, or her, or her
I am the offspring
That came from another interest
So tell me, whose shoes am I walking in?
Do you think the change will last?

The truth will never fit inside the box
If you come and try
To reshape it
I mean I have kept your words
And remembered
When you gave it

These shoes are two sizes too big
three too small
And they don’t fit me
I have the blisters on my feet
To try and prove
That I tried to be…

Someone else.
Someone else.
I tried to be someone else.
Because you told me.

So tell, who does these shoes belong to
Who do you want me
Modelled into?
I thought people cared for me
Just as I am
But I have made to be a fool
I made myself into a fool

So tell, who can I return these shoes to
And ask for my money returned
Before the warranty blows away
And if I can’t walk in my own boots
Maybe I should just walk away

Maybe I should walk away?
Should I walk away?
It’s not like you stayed.

I love loving but maybe if you gift me
Do not bring me shoes that don’t fit
Just tell me you heard me and respected it.

I will never give up on being here
And waiting but I am ready to stop trying.
I am not chasing all these ghosts
Until the day that we are trying.

Maybe you should try my shoes for once?

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten