vrijdag 2 juni 2023

Since the day

My friend how I miss you,
But I can take the hits.
I've been scratching at my own lips,
Just to keep them split.

Pinching at the bruises,
And where you left your marks. 
My legs keep running to you
But you left us in the dark.

Sometimes I think you're reaching out your hand, 
Just to hear you scream that you don't need help,
And…

I have been counting minutes
Since the day you got lost.
I have been trying the hardest
To give it everything I got.
And still I ran on empty,
Never able to make the cut.
Now we turned to everything 
That you no longer want.

There is no way to block the danger 
You don't want to see.
But I find myself struggling 
To just leave it be.

I don't want your heart
On the path of harm
But that's where you're going.

I have been counting seconds
Since the last day you were here. 
I have been running fumes 
Riding this in full gear.
No wonder I am empty
No longer able go take the stear.
It's all just your spit and insults
From here on out, my dear. 

I have been counting spirals 
Since the moment you took your fall.
I have been running on scratches
And I think I gave it my all.
But it is no longer on me
To make the call.
To take you out of hell.
To stop the downward crawl.

I will be here waiting,
And so will we all.
Keeping open our wounds,
Breaking down your walls. 

It's you now.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten