woensdag 31 mei 2023

Weeping Willow

 

You’re sneaky like a heart attack.

Always sneaking back in my life like that.

Leaving your footprints over my dirt

And telling everyone I am the one that hurt


You, ah yes, I am the one to blame.

This has always the set up of the game

And I am not here to play.

That’s ok.

Bet you didn’t think of that.


I sleep soundly knowing nothing of you.

You can’t take my peace away from me, I do

Not think you grasp that this is over.

It was over so many years ago,


But you keep on creeping 

And oh God you keep on peeping.

And you keep on hurting,

And you will never stop blaming,

But I already thought of that.


I am always one smile away

Of being absolutely okay.

I am not fascinated by anything else.

My tears do not well


Up for you and they have never done.

Stay forgotten. Stay gone. Be wrong.

I don’t care anymore.

I locked all the doors

To me and I’m so glad I thought of that.


I sleep soundly in the silence.

I sleep soundly and at peace.

Your mind is only violence,

And my mind is at ease.


I smile easily in the light,

I smile easily in the breeze.

Your mind is only destruction,

And my heart is at peace.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten