dinsdag 6 juni 2023

Space

I counted seconds on my fingers,
Until their was no space.
Time made hours out of minutes,
Created weeks from all the days.

But all that was for nothing,
Nothing at all has changed.
You're still screaming at the walls
That you yourself had raised.

Oh my friend you are so lost.
Reached the end of a line you couldn't cross.
Reached the end of your mind and at a cost.

We made space in our lives just for you
Tried to clear all the mess out of it too,
It feels like the best thing to do.
So you can find your way.
So you can be ok.

I told your tears to go back up,
Told all your demons to go home.
I aired the screams that roamed your halls
By opening the windows.

How many times can I break my heart?
I can't go through life with my fingers crossed.
I can't go through life with dried tear ducts.

We made space in our souls just for you.
Tried to clear all the webs out of it too,
Just so someone could make good use
Out of our lives.
Access undenied.

Will it mend or will it fall apart?
Not knowing tears my mind apart.
Can't try again and go back to the start.

We made space in our hearts for you
Tried to clear all the ghosts out of it too,
File away those memories to make room.
You don't even have to knock.
All we have love.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten