woensdag 11 februari 2015

Plastic society

People in glass houses
Shouldn't throw stones.
But it doesn't keep them
From trying.
It's better than being alone.

And so we bulletproof
Every inch of our lives
So nothing can hurt us
From the inside.
From the edge we dive

Deeper into trouble.
Deeper into our chaos
Every single time
We open up,
We open up and get lost.

I might make the time to open up and rhyme
I took my changes to hit the walls and see it unhinge.

We all live in a plastic society now.
But what are we going to do if it all rans out?
When even our nature isn't even real anymore
Just because we are so scared and what for?

Plastic flowers
And plastic hours
And you call me crazy
Just because I say
I'm one to doubt it.

Destroying each other
And everything around us
With plastic bubbles.
You call me crazy
For I don't have the lust

To not feel saved when saving lives.
To not reach to you before you die.
But even then...

God, sometimes I hope we get extinct,
But will we still got the message, I don't think.
We were too busy breaking glass houses
To make it all turn to plastic.

Here comes the blood.
And here comes the rain.
I am dancing in it
To make you call me insane.
Come outside, little girl.
Come outside, little boy.
There is more than plastic
Left to be destroyed.
Just look closer and feel,
Look closer and make it heal.

But we still like to run so far back inside
Leaving every hope for dreams on the outside.
So afraid to dream, so afraid to hope,
That life is more than this slippery slope.

We can heal but we do not believe
That all of this will not make us grieve.
That standing vulnerable will not make us see
This self-fulfilling prophecy.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten