donderdag 25 mei 2023

I am coming for what they took

 

It should be known,

I should be known to all.

Suddenly we lost control,

Imminent for a fall.


It should be known,

Yes it should be known.

You carried the weight 

And you often did it all alone.


It should be better,

It should be better than this.

But all life gave was a

A kiss with a fist.


I should be better,

Yes we all should know.

But their explanations come

As my patience goes.


Do they think it’s better?

Do they think it’s better

To be left alone in your head?

Is it better on that side?

Where the people run to hide

The semblance of truth

And leave us all for dead?


Do you think it’s better?

Do you think it’s

Better like this?

To leave someone alone

To their own stones,

Until my heart

And my brain no longer fits


My peace is fading,

All they did was taking.


Your everything is breaking

And my anger is pulsating.


The foundation is shaking,

And I am coming for what they took.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten