dinsdag 30 mei 2023

Miss

 

I think that I miss you,

But I don’t know what it is I miss.

My lips are forming bruises

And I took every hit.


No I think I do know,

But if I think too hard you’re gone.

I will see that moment,

Spring up again like it has always done.


My feelings hit me fully formed.

In a single heartbeat everything transformed.

Do you even remember?


Hello miss sunshine,

I think I saw you smile.

Somewhere in the 

Broken memories

I covered with denial.

Just so I can quiet my mind.

Just so I can heal.

I have no space

Right now 

To explore what I feel.


Hello miss stormcloud

I can still feel the rain.

Are you still covered

In the darkness

That has lefts it stains?

Are you still holding

On to the empty

Inside your brain,

Or are you holding

It up for all of us to see?


I think that I miss you,

And I would gladly take the hit.

But my lips are healing bruises

And they’re no longer split.


And I think I know 

That the day has yet to come.

Where I will accept that moment.

That I knew you were finally gone.


The silence is loud and fully formed.

A part of me will always remain transformed.

But do you remember?


Hello miss sunshine,

I know that you can smile.

Despite all the

Broken memories

You covered with denial.

One day you quiet your mind.

And all of us can heal.

But I have no space

Right now 

To explore what you feel.


Hello miss stormcloud

I know it still rains.

And you’re covered

In the darkness

That has left it stains.

Please let go

Off the empty

Inside your brain,

Or hold it up

For all of us to see?


We will be waiting.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten