zaterdag 6 mei 2023

Lies are only a comfort to you

 

Sit still,

Don’t move,

Just smile,

Eyes too,

Give answer

When told to,

Love like

Other girls do,

Talk more

But not like you

Do now.


You’re a girl,

So play with them.

Try harder

To make friends.

Think hard

Before hitting send.

And think

Before you bend.

But don’t wear pink.

It’s too feminine

For women.


I am done with the rules you provide me.

It is really such a crime to simply be me?

Is my existence weighing so heavily on your eyes?

Do you want an existence in which everyone lies?


Lies about

The i that’s I.

Lies about 

The weight of life.

Lies about

This love of mine.

Lies about 

Who what why.

Lies about

The mobility I

Just don’t have.


I am who I am who I am who I am who I am who I am

Why do you want me to break myself into you?

Will the world break if it’s not something I will do.


I am done living my life in hiding.

I simply will not be the one that is lying.

I don’t care for the vision that lives in your eyes.

My existence a truth that isn’t yours to deny.


You seem to forget 

That it's me who made me.

I made me, without you.

The only thing you taught me

Was how to be you.

Which was something I already could do.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten