dinsdag 23 mei 2023

Nighttime Thinking

Hello, you,
What are you doing there?
Are you bottling up the world into your care?
To hide it away somewhere?

Hello you,
Have you found someone to talk you down?
To paint a smile out of a frown?
Relax the stress out of your mouth?

Don't want to see you break
Carrying a world that's much too late
Carrying a world that only takes
And never sees you.

That doesn't appreciate 
The way you bend into a space.
We should have hold your place.
We should have.

Hello you,
Have you tried to catch a breath?
To take it in and let your mind rest?
Will it help you with all of it?

Don't want to see you burn,
For a world that doesn't return
This big favor you have earned
With your soul.

Everyone was too late.
To help you erase all of the mistakes.
They could have tried to stay.
They could have.

Are you ok?
I no longer know what to say. 
Is this helping you in anyway?
Just tell me you're safe.

Hello you,
Sometimes I don't know what to do.
I don't have all the answers, never did too.
I'm simply a confident fool.

Hello you,
The night is young and my brain is full.
My edges are sharp while the blade is dull.
I hope you sleep till your tears no longer fall.

So what's next?
Life will start after the rest.
We could have your place set.
And for you, we will.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten